The most frequent way our users use our service to analyze IP, Domains and Emails are through our API. They implement the calls directly into the code of their applications or develop scripts that consume our services and then cross the results with their data.
In both cases, it is necessary to have a basic knowledge of development in order to make the most of our services.
However, there is another way of consuming our services in which it is not necessary to have any programming knowledge, and the user can easily cross their data with ours. To achieve this we have developed an Add-On for Google Spreadsheet that allows you to invoke our API without writing a line of code.
How the Apility.io Google Spreadsheet Add-on works
Add-ons let you do new and cool things with Google Sheets. They are extensions that run inside Google Sheet built by third-party developers and companies like Apility.io. In our case, we have implemented several Custom Functions that allow access to the services offered through the API right from the spreadsheets.
The Custom Functions add-on allow an easy access to all our features to business analyst, data engineers, data scientific without a development background. You can also import into your Google Sheet your data usage and cross it with our functions without a single line code.
The list of functions available are:
- APILITYIP2GEO: This function returns full details about the geolocation of your IP.
- APILITYIP2AS: Returns full details about the Autonomous System of your IP.
- APILITYASNUM2AS: Returns full details about the Autonomous System of a given AS Number.
- APILITYASNUM2NET: Returns full details about the Autonomous System Networks of a given AS Number.
- APILITYBADIP: Returns full list of blacklists where the given IP was found, or Not Found.
- APILITYBADDOMAIN: Returns full Scores and list of blacklists where the given Domain was found, or Not Found.
- APILITYBADEMAIL: Returns full Scores and list of blacklists where the given Email was found, or Not Found.
Where can I find it?
You can find these functions in the Add-ons tab of Google Spreadsheet (between “Table” and “Help”) at the top of your Sheets, then searching for Apility.io or clicking here.
You can use the Add-on for free forever. The quota and rate limits of each plan also apply to the number of existing elements in the spreadsheet.